Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Range Hood

"Katherine Walker-Chase" wrote in message
On Dec 11, 1:09 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Katherine Walker-Chase" wrote in
message

We're getting the new Aga range in Aubergine and I'm having a heck of
a time finding a one-of-a-kind hood for it. Everything I can find
online is standard, but I want something exciting and fresh. Thoughts
anyone?

Thanks,
Katherine.

Define exciting and fresh. My definition would be custom made stainless
steel with least possible sharp bends to snag the sponge as I clean it.
It
would vent through the wall to the outside, since no other method serves
any
useful purpose.

What's your definition?

Hello, Joe.

I apologize if my post was a bit nebulous, I've just been a bit short
on time lately as the holidays approach!

Fresh, exciting, unique, one-of-a-kind: This means I want something
different than I've seen in other people's homes. Someone else here
suggested a car theme, which my husband will definitely adore. That
sounds fresh to me, and I'm entertaining the new and innovative right
now.

When I fell in love with this little Aga in Aubergine my husband told
me I could do anything I wanted to the kitchen. Since the range was
the first piece, I'm working around it, and I;m actually really
enjoying myself,

My husband's secretary sent this link www.metalloarts.com to Metallo
Arts. I haven't heard of them but they seem to be able to do just
about anything. Apparently they make "art hoods" inspired by Jackson
Polluck or Andy Warhol, too. Isn't that a kick? Have you heard of
them? What do you think? They're in the NKBA but I don't know anyone
who has used them (which is, in itself, part of the attraction).

Your thoughts are appreciated, and happy holidays, Joe.

Katherine

All that texture will trap dirt, and when you try to clean it, you will want
to kill yourself for buying one of those things. I suspect you either have a
maid, or love spending half a day cleaning something that should take 8
minutes to clean.

Useless textures do not belong in kitchens or bathrooms. Period.

I also think it's odd that your husband's secretary is involved with this. I
can't quite explain why, though.