Posted to alt.home.repair
Katherine Walker-Chase Katherine Walker-Chase is offline

Default Range Hood

On Dec 11, 12:34 pm, buffalobill wrote:
On Dec 11, 12:09 pm, Katherine Walker-Chase

wrote:
We're getting the new Aga range in Aubergine and I'm having a heck of
a time finding a one-of-a-kind hood for it. Everything I can find
online is standard, but I want something exciting and fresh. Thoughts
anyone?

Thanks,
Katherine.

use a motorcar part replica of the era of the stove, like a car hood
of a buick of the fifties was my first idea but i think you are headed
toward frank lloyd wright, maybe a 1925 ford pickup. give or take your
color choice. if automotive front ends hanging over the stove aren't
what you had in mind [but wait --the headlights would have been
cool!] how about a metal rolltop desk design for the range hood.
factory venting options you started with that are boring are seen at:http://www.theagashop.com/HTML/AGA%2...%20Options.htm

Cars! My husband would love that theme! We'll have to look into
this...

As for the Aga Shop, there's just one tiny problem. It might sound
just awful, but I don't want something that somebody else already has,
especially anything that remotely resembles anything that anyone I
know has or is getting. I know that's beyond "keep up with the
Joneses" and more like "the Joneses never dreamed of this" but when
you're spending for the kitchen of your dreams, you want it to make an
impression! I'm sure you understand.

Thanks for your terrific ideas.

Katherine