Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default AY1-5051 datasheet or pinout please?

toomanytoys wrote in message
Does anyone have Datasheet or the pinouts for an AY1-5051 Fixed Modulus
Divider chip? I can't find them on the internet. It was made by General
Instruments (later Arizona Microchip) and is a PMOS technology.

I am trying to repair a 1960's Elka organ for an 82 year old friend. He

has
had it
since nearly new and it has been reliable until now. He would rather

repair
than
replace.

TIA
Gerry

I assume you have some voltage on the power rails and at least 1 pin has
some oscillation signal on it.

If you can determine which the DC rail pins are I can check 4 other pinouts
that are probably GI AY1- ???? frequency divider ICs but no cross-reference
back to the IC numbers, but they all have different DC rail pins than the
5050 one.

Whether isolated , 2 or 3 interlinked then all related pins to one divider
chain are on one side of the IC, none cross over to the other side.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England