Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:25:22 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Dec 12, 6:58 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
I also saw something recently that will make a lot of gun owners
cringe: it
appears that if someone pulls a gun on you while they're committing a
crime,
and you don't have a gun, your chances of surviving are some large
multiple
of your chances if you do have a gun. I'm not going to go explore that
data
but it was published in some peer-reviewed journal. I find it a little
suspicious but, who knows.

Please provide cites. And no..Kellerman has long been disproved, and
he himself admitted his errors.

No, this wasn't Kellerman. It was one of the crime victimization studies. As
I said, I didn't analyze it, so, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a
curiosity. I came across it when I was looking at some comments on Kleck's
study about rates of defense with a gun.

If I come across it again I'll let you know.

--
Ed Huntress