Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Wes" wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Requiring psych testing for gun ownership and usage would be a good
first step.

Do you trust the government to evaluate your suitablity for gun ownership?
have a feeling the Schumer administration wouldn't have anyone working in
the psych testing department that thinks anyone wanting arms is mentally
balanced.

Wes

The background-checking system currently in place, but which is only
partially implemented, includes the question of whether one has been judged
mentally incompetent. So it's already there, Wes.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote in
:

snip

Nope. Im talking about the vastly larger number of Democrat homeless
that the DNC uses as props for campaign background scenes, by bribing
them with booze, food and drugs, then abandoning them once the cameras
are put away.

Gunner

Too Few Braincells probably had tramatic flashbacks to the last election
and is now cowering a corner of the kiddy section in the library where he
posts from over your description Gunner, keep up the good work.

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:25:22 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Dec 12, 6:58 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
I also saw something recently that will make a lot of gun owners
cringe: it
appears that if someone pulls a gun on you while they're committing a
crime,
and you don't have a gun, your chances of surviving are some large
multiple
of your chances if you do have a gun. I'm not going to go explore that
data
but it was published in some peer-reviewed journal. I find it a little
suspicious but, who knows.

Please provide cites. And no..Kellerman has long been disproved, and
he himself admitted his errors.

No, this wasn't Kellerman. It was one of the crime victimization studies. As
I said, I didn't analyze it, so, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a
curiosity. I came across it when I was looking at some comments on Kleck's
study about rates of defense with a gun.

If I come across it again I'll let you know.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:05:35 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:59:37 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Q: What's the weight of the copper wiring you're installing there? How
much did the thieves steal?

Ive hung about 2500 lbs. The pre existing conduit must have had at
least double that in it, just in small gauge alone.

I know that the 250' spool of measly 12/3 romex I got for my house
when I moved up here cost me $10 on sale (usually $20) is now going
for $60.

What's copper wire going for nowadays, or dare I ask?

--
Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
Plan more than you can do, then do it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:08:46 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:24:00 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Are you talking about all those homeless mentally ill vets the
Republicans are showing to the curb?

TMT

Nope. Im talking about the vastly larger number of Democrat homeless
that the DNC uses as props for campaign background scenes, by bribing
them with booze, food and drugs, then abandoning them once the cameras
are put away.

Please stop feeding Too_Many_Trolls.

--
Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
Plan more than you can do, then do it.
-- Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The background-checking system currently in place, but which is only
partially implemented, includes the question of whether one has been judged
mentally incompetent. So it's already there, Wes.

My read was the poster wanted the testing performed prior to ownership as
opposed to the current situation where one can be disqualified by screwing
up in life and then being adjudicated mentally ill.

Tenses matter.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

One who likely will lose his guns in the future.

TMT, does that mean your mind is starting to go? I hope not, alzheimer's is
a nasty way to go.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The background-checking system currently in place, but which is only
partially implemented, includes the question of whether one has been
judged
mentally incompetent. So it's already there, Wes.

My read was the poster wanted the testing performed prior to ownership as
opposed to the current situation where one can be disqualified by screwing
up in life and then being adjudicated mentally ill.

Tenses matter.

I'm not sure they do in this case. The government in both cases has defined
what constitutes psychological disqualification. Whether it's a test done
now, or a record of government decisions arrived at previously, the deciding
party is the same: the government.

Lots of pro-gun people have discussed this as a rights issue over the years,
but the large majority -- and I mean really large -- of the US population
believes that it's a common-sense case of a compelling state interest. You
won't find any significant argument against psychological qualification for
gun ownership among the population at large or among serious legal experts,
and I'll bet that's true whether you're talking about a test for
qualification or an examination of records.

You may be assuming that the test would be unfairly harsh, and that may be.
But the "test" is already there, and, as it's presently constituted, it
looks pretty fair.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .

In article
,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

The Problem is that irresponsible people have access to weapons.

A lot of them have badges too

Was that supposed to be funny?

I don't think it was. Don't know about the OP.
I'd put a :-( instead of the at the end.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:
Or are you saying that if a Democrat becomes President, they will
Attempt to remove firearms from all law abiding individuals?

Gunner

That is distinct possibility and a very scary one too.
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Dec 10, 12:05 am, "SteveB" wrote:
I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who
had a concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have
lessened the carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

Or we could have made sure the shooter never had access to the gun in
the first place....

Oh yeah....bring my gun to the mall and to church.

*Shaking my head*

I thought this was the Land of the Free and the Brave.

Looks like to me that it is the Land of the Coward and the
Paranoid...attempting to use a gun to bandaid the real problem will
not fix it.

Doesn't anyone else see that a serious problem exists?

Meanwhile we continue to allow people to be killed by those who should
never have access to guns.

Hmm...maybe taking your gun to church isn't such a bad idea....I bet
the sermon would become a lot shorter. ;)

TMT

I pack at church . Especially when I've got parking lot duty . Gangbangers
with tire irons are no respecters of religion . Our minister of music has
had his cars , truck and camper broken into . He lives on the church
property ...
Several of the "little old ladies" have commented that it gives them a
feeling of security to know that a "responsible gun owner" is armed among
them .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 12, 8:03 am, Wes wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Requiring psych testing for gun ownership and usage would be a good
first step.

Do you trust the government to evaluate your suitablity for gun ownership? I
have a feeling the Schumer administration wouldn't have anyone working in
the psych testing department that thinks anyone wanting arms is mentally
balanced.

Wes

They already do.

It is obvious that the nuts have access to the guns today.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 12, 8:05 am, "*" wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote in article

Are you talking about all those homeless mentally ill vets the
Republicans are showing to the curb?

Hey, all we need to do is to get the currentl Democrat-controlled
legislature to undo the damage done by the previously Democrat-controlled
legislature, and allow state and federal government to return to housing
and caring for the needs of these people.

As it stands right now, pick up a few homeless people - veterans or
otherwise - provide them with some sort of group home that will protect
them and deal with their problems - drugs, employment, etc. - and SOME
knee-jerk, do-gooder agency will have you in court for restricting the
rights of those people.

Don't forget the P.E.T.A.-types originally went after homelessness until
many of the homeless told them to mind their own business. They then turned
to protecting animals who could not reject their "do-goodness."

We both know that the damage was done by the REPUBLICAN controlled
Congress. Even now the REPUBLICANS in Congress are preventing real
positive change.

That will change after the 2008 elections.

Until then the mentally challenged vets will remain homeless
compliments of the Party that cares.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 12, 8:19 am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:36:11 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:47:19 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:
Modify the mission orientation: you don't get points if you don't
complete it.

True enough.

When I was young..I didnt realize my capabilities were that high until
called to push the envelope.

Now that Im older..I didnt realize my capabilities were that low,
until called to push the envelope.

Scary, ain't it?

And it really sucks to have to blow the bonus on medical treatments

$125. 2 hours labor.

Labor? Hell, Gunner, we didn't even know you were pregnant! When
someone mentioned a gut yesterday, I assumed it was the same old
middle age spread that most of us end up with.

Munching on yogurt and oatmeal as I type this.

Good stuff, that.

Indeed. Ill be stocking up on them.

Try to find the healthier stuff. It goes a lot farther.

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.

Labor? Hell, Gunner, we didn't even know you were pregnant! When
someone mentioned a gut yesterday, I assumed it was the same old
middle age spread that most of us end up with.

LOL...we don't like to talk about it.

It was an one night stand with some liberal who advocated gun control

Gunner could not resist..

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 12, 11:47 am, Gunner wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:20:48 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:

The Problem is that irresponsible people have access to weapons.

Fix that problem and the innocent will stop dying.

How? Be specific and use as much whitespace as necessary.

Requiring psych testing for gun ownership and usage would be a good
first step.

Illegal.

SEVERE penalties for allowing others unauthorized access to your
weapons would be another.

Blink blink..do you read what you write?

Did you read what you wrote? Or are you staying mute because of
embarrassment?

TMT

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

One who likely will lose his guns in the future.

TMT

Why would I loose my guns in the near future? I'm quite sane,
competent, a non criminal and behave responsibly with them.

Or are you saying that if a Democrat becomes President, they will
Attempt to remove firearms from all law abiding individuals?

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Why would I loose my guns in the near future? I'm quite sane,
competent, a non criminal and behave responsibly with them.

Made any more death threats lately Gunner?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 13, 3:15 am, Too_Many_Tools

Made any more death threats lately Gunner?

TMT

too many tools.
Have you stopped beating your wife yet.
Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Q: What's the weight of the copper wiring you're installing there? How
much did the thieves steal?

Ive hung about 2500 lbs. The pre existing conduit must have had at
least double that in it, just in small gauge alone.

I know that the 250' spool of measly 12/3 romex I got for my house
when I moved up here cost me $10 on sale (usually $20) is now going
for $60.

What's copper wire going for nowadays, or dare I ask?

I bought 3000 lbs at $4 a pound from a surplus dealer I have a good
relationship with. Mostly 2/0 and 10g. Unused on the spools.

I was told that "scrap", unstripped was going for $2.50 a pound at the
recyclers.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:51:25 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Actually, banging liberal chicks is easy. They tend to lack self
esteem, have few brains, are often found drunk or drugged out of their
skulls and have as few morals as a tom cat.

Easy pickings.

However..they also tend to be rife with STDs, mental illness issues
and stupid, not to mention being rather ****ting in bed.

Want a really hot ****? Talk a Conservative chick into the sack. They
are smart, determined, proficiant and enthusiastic.

You want cheap and easy, or damned good?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

When have I made them before? Be specific. Use as much whitespace as
necessary.

Hint...Non PC commentary is not to be confused with mindless drivel.
For that, I leave to you.

Ill be waiting with bated breath for your response.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

As I said elsewhere, a gun can be used in an instance and regretted
for a lifetime.

That's true, and they often are.

Words can be used in an instant and regretted for a lifetime.
Especially "I do"

Good point! And, "yes, I really love you." Almost as much trouble.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default liberal chicks vs conservative Women; a doifferent Take yer gun to the mall

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:34:10
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Actually, banging liberal chicks is easy. They tend to lack self
esteem, have few brains, are often found drunk or drugged out of their
skulls and have as few morals as a tom cat.

Easy pickings.

However..they also tend to be rife with STDs, mental illness issues
and stupid, not to mention being rather ****ting in bed.

Want a really hot ****? Talk a Conservative chick into the sack. They
are smart, determined, proficiant and enthusiastic.

And sober. Not necessarily tee-totalers, but you don't need to
smoke and drink in order to have a good time, as the Sunday School
Teacher would tell her classes.

You want cheap and easy, or damned good?

Damn good. Whooee. There will be a 30 second pause to recover
from the memory dump. (You should be so lucky! She was twice the men
most guys are, and more woman than they'll ever hope to hold.)

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Nothing says loving like a bun in the oven.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:51:51
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I thought so, too. It's a book which kicked my perceptions up a notch
and made me look around a bit more at the crap the environmental
terrorists are pulling.

Indeed,

Now go take your beauty rest, eh?

Be well.

Ive not been home since the week before thanksgiving, nor had a day
off since thanksgiving, but for the last weekend.

What I really really need now..is to get well and truely laid.

It is not Passover, so why should today be any different than any
other day?

It is a good cardio-vascular workout though.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Nothing says loving like a bun in the oven.
EOF
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You know EXACTLY when.

And you can easily google if you want to refresh your failing memory.

Just like the authorities can.

Remember that Mr. Gunner...when you consider whether or not you wish
to continue to keep your guns.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 13, 9:21 am, " wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:15 am, Too_Many_Tools

Made any more death threats lately Gunner?

TMT

too many tools.
Have you stopped beating your wife yet.
Dan

Interesting that you bring that subject up Dan.

So...you beat your wife Dan?

Otherwise why would you blurt that comment out?

I believe domestic abuse can be used for cause which can result in
loss of one's weapons.

So Dan...do you have something you want to tell us?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 12, 5:29 pm, "Snag" wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

none to one to reply- Hide quoted text -

That is "little old ladies" speak for I want you to come visit me
tonightwink wink.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:34:10
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Actually, banging liberal chicks is easy. They tend to lack self
esteem, have few brains, are often found drunk or drugged out of their
skulls and have as few morals as a tom cat.

Easy pickings.

However..they also tend to be rife with STDs, mental illness issues
and stupid, not to mention being rather ****ting in bed.

Want a really hot ****? Talk a Conservative chick into the sack. They
are smart, determined, proficiant and enthusiastic.

For a real thrill, try a neocon. They kill and eat their mates after
consummating.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:43:56 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Made any more death threats lately Gunner?

TMT

When have I made them before? Be specific. Use as much whitespace as
necessary.

Hint...Non PC commentary is not to be confused with mindless drivel.
For that, I leave to you.

Ill be waiting with bated breath for your response.

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

You know EXACTLY when.

So you are admitting you are unable to provide any factual data to
back up your claim. Thats rather stupid of you.

And you can easily google if you want to refresh your failing memory.

Just like the authorities can.

Remember that Mr. Gunner...when you consider whether or not you wish
to continue to keep your guns.

TMT

You should be hung by the neck until you stop twitching, your face
turns black, your tongue protudes and then left swaying in the wind
for the ravens to peck out your eyes, and your skull filled with
maggots.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:42:44 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:51:51
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I thought so, too. It's a book which kicked my perceptions up a notch
and made me look around a bit more at the crap the environmental
terrorists are pulling.

Indeed,

Now go take your beauty rest, eh?

Be well.

Ive not been home since the week before thanksgiving, nor had a day
off since thanksgiving, but for the last weekend.

What I really really need now..is to get well and truely laid.

It is not Passover, so why should today be any different than any
other day?

It is a good cardio-vascular workout though.

Indeed.

Exercise partners have been few and far between recently.

Gunner

pyotr

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

For a real thrill, try a neocon. They kill and eat their mates after
consummating.

Bull. Jim Carville is still walking around and he is married to Mary
Matalin.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

For a real thrill, try a neocon. They kill and eat their mates after
consummating.

Bull. Jim Carville is still walking around and he is married to Mary
Matalin.

They've probably never consummated. Jim is really an alien, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:43:56 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

snip

Remember that Mr. Gunner...when you consider whether or not you wish
to continue to keep your guns.

TMT

You should be hung by the neck until you stop twitching, your face
turns black, your tongue protudes and then left swaying in the wind
for the ravens to peck out your eyes, and your skull filled with
maggots.

Gunner

It looks like Gunner is working on his acceptance speech for president.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message

snip

Want a really hot ****? Talk a Conservative chick into the sack. They
are smart, determined, proficiant and enthusiastic.

You want cheap and easy, or damned good?

Jeez, are you taking up pimping on the side or something?

It's a distant memory, but if they've been sleeping with conservative guys,
conservative chicks are Ok -- once you get past the used part. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 7:47 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Dec 13, 9:21 am, " wrote:

On Dec 13, 3:15 am, Too_Many_Tools

Made any more death threats lately Gunner?

TMT

too many tools.
Have you stopped beating your wife yet.
Dan

Interesting that you bring that subject up Dan.

So...you beat your wife Dan?

Otherwise why would you blurt that comment out?

I believe domestic abuse can be used for cause which can result in
loss of one's weapons.

So Dan...do you have something you want to tell us?

TMT

The reason I posted that was you previous post. An ad hominem
argument very similar to " have you stopped beating your wife". And
your last post is much of the same thing. You need to use real
agruments. If you were on a high school debate team, you would lose
with such posts.

So now I have told you. You look stupid so much of the time with what
you post.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:59:36 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

For a real thrill, try a neocon. They kill and eat their mates after
consummating.

Bull. Jim Carville is still walking around and he is married to Mary
Matalin.

Wes

And if anyone "needed killin" its Carville.

He must have a 10" schlong.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 13, 9:21 am, " wrote:

[...]

What's the big deal about beating your wife? I beat mine. Every once in a
while, she gets out the mayonnaise, rubber gloves, tennis balls, the
upstairs French maid outfit, and we go to town. Sure, she screams a lot,
but it's part of the fantasy.

We're thinking of changing to Miracle Whip Low Fat Lite, though.

Sheesh.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

So...you beat your wife Dan?

Otherwise why would you blurt that comment out?

I believe domestic abuse can be used for cause which can result in
loss of one's weapons.

So Dan...do you have something you want to tell us?

Hmm, that sounds suspiciously like a standard Scientologist
tactic. Turn a question around to infer the questioner is
guilty and use it in a veiled threat...

IMHO, you only get to turn the question around like that if
you answer the question (honestly) first.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote in
:

snip

And if anyone "needed killin" its Carville.

He must have a 10" schlong.

Gunner

Yea, 10 inches wide and when its gets cold he puts a hat on it.... After
all he IS one of the biggest dick heads around.....

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in
:

snip

uh, someone forgot to say, "And how does that make you FEEL when
someone says that?"

I see....Now about your parents.....

Bill