Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Random musings of a COC. If I can't turn it, I'll disparage it.

I tell you Arch, it just ain't fair. Last year I lost 30 pounds and then put
back about 10 it so I have been on a diet and am starting to lose again. I
would not say I am fat, but the diet got me down from grossly to overly
obese. (Sigh!) This is not good for a preacher who tells people not to drink
to excess or smoke at all. So what happens in the midst of all this good
behaviour? Gout. No fancy meals or all the good stuff of the holidays. (And
can these ladies ever cook!)

On the other hand I have had some powerful meds and things are about normal
again. I remember reading Dickens and his depictions of men with poultices
on their feet suffering from gout for days on end and thank God for modern
medicine.

Now I have to learn or at least pracice how to put only a small portion on
the plate from each of the pot-luck dishes at the suppers. A preacher's life
is tough....

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"Arch" wrote in message
Gout eh? Surely you haven't become one of those "TV Reverends" that
live high off the hog with excessive consumption of expensive purines
like prime ribs and lobstah, but to stay on topic ...a turner's tophus
does hurt more than a tree's burl.

Just kidding Darrell. I know gout is painful and serious and nothing to
joke about, but when a line is handed to you, you just have to take it.
Get your meds and some soft socks so you can get back to adding to your
wonderful woodturning site....

...and be careful with those church suppers. It's probably a happy
hazard of your profession, but must you sample some of _every lady's
cooking? Of course I did when I made house calls.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter