Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Random musings of a COC. If I can't turn it, I'll disparage it.

Thanks Mac
First time I had an attack of gout was about ten years ago and I tried for
hours to figure out how I had broken my foot. It turned out to be gout so
now I am on meds for the rest of my life. No sweat there but they once and a
while do not work. Never wish this on anyone. How did they stand this in the
old days before modern medicine? I took some powerful anti-inflamatories and
things are about normal. Thanks for the concern. I am going to try to get
some time in the shop today to see how it goes with longer standing time.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:46:30 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

Sorry Art. I missed the crotchety bit. I got up at 5:00 this am with gout.
The thought of being able to turn anything sounds good right now, as long
as
I do not have to stand to do it. The meds should be ready at the drug
store.
I think I will don my boots without those constricting socks and go pick
them up.

I feel your pain, Darrell..
I have 3 or 4 friends that have gout... Not a fun thing to have flare up
and
always when you want to do/go somewhere..

A friend of mine is a waiter and several times a year his coworkers pitch
in on
his tables when they see him limp in..

Hope you feel better soon, my friend..

mac