Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

On Dec 11, 10:06�pm, Joe wrote:
On Dec 11, 8:51 pm, "Robert Green" wrote:

I'm adding two new outlets to my circuit breaker panel. �I've got the room
for the additional breakers in the box but the neutral bus bar has no more
room for the neutral and ground wires required. �Is it permissible to put
more than one wire per set-screw hole on the neutral bus bar?

No.

�Some sites

I've researched say yes, others say no. �If no, what are the options besides
replacing the whole circuit breaker panel?

Get a bus bar kit from your distributor. Install in panel, there will
be predrilled/ tapped holes for this. Connect regular bus bar and
added bus bar via the larger set screw holes intended for this
purpose. Use short section of #4 or #6 bare copper to connect. Should
take half an hour and cost under $20. HTH

Joe

yeah i added a bus bar to the home i sold because a bunch of bus bar
screws were totally frozen in position, used bus bar from home depot
it passed middle group inspection after home inspector insisted re
inspection because original sticker signature had faded,

i hope the fellow who bought my home has even worse hassles when he
sells my old home, it would serve him right