Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default I give up ...........

Jon Anderson wrote:
SteveB wrote:

Someone's gonna make million$.

All my years.

All my intellect.

And I couldn't think of this.

I give up.

Don't give up. Ever. Some 26 years ago I got the idea to vacuum form
table protectors for milling machines. Worked in a sheet metal shop
where we just made them from scrap. But stuff would roll/fall off the
edges.

Had a friend that owned a vacuum forming business. Talked to them, made
a few prototype forms and had some samples made. Mine had a rib around
the edge that kept stuff from rolling/falling off. Worked everything out
and decided they would have to retail for $13 or more, and who would pay
that much for plastic?

A year or two later, MSC starts selling plastic vacuum formed mill table
covers and they have been in the catalog ever since.

Which is worse, not having a good idea in the first place, or having one
and not following through with it???

Starting a new business with a partner. We've been friends for over 40
years, riding/racing, partying, goofing off, and always discussing
ideas. There's been dozens of things we have thought up separately or
together. We're finally forming up a new company and putting one of our
ideas into production, if it takes off, there's plenty more ideas to
follow.

Just don't EVER give up.

Jon

Misery seems worse when self imposed...