Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default I give up ...........

SteveB wrote:

Someone's gonna make million$.

All my years.

All my intellect.

And I couldn't think of this.

I give up.

Don't give up. Ever. Some 26 years ago I got the idea to
vacuum form table protectors for milling machines. Worked in
a sheet metal shop where we just made them from scrap. But
stuff would roll/fall off the edges.

Had a friend that owned a vacuum forming business. Talked to
them, made a few prototype forms and had some samples made.
Mine had a rib around the edge that kept stuff from
rolling/falling off. Worked everything out and decided they
would have to retail for $13 or more, and who would pay that
much for plastic?

A year or two later, MSC starts selling plastic vacuum
formed mill table covers and they have been in the catalog
ever since.

Which is worse, not having a good idea in the first place,
or having one and not following through with it???

Starting a new business with a partner. We've been friends
for over 40 years, riding/racing, partying, goofing off, and
always discussing ideas. There's been dozens of things we
have thought up separately or together. We're finally
forming up a new company and putting one of our ideas into
production, if it takes off, there's plenty more ideas to
follow.

Just don't EVER give up.

Jon