Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Crown molding scarf joint question

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:36:26 -0800 (PST), Mikepier
wrote:

Well i got it done and it looks good. That was the easy wall, Just one
straight piece wall to wall.
Next is the other wall which has a fridge and wall cabinets. No scarf
joints but a couple of outside and inside corners.
By the way, these moldings are maple, same as my cabinets from
Kraftmaid. Is maple really hard to cut? Because it seemed my miter saw
really had to work hard to cut this molding.

Examine the cut. If it is fuzzy, your blade needs resharpening. Maple
cuts easily.