Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default filling gaps between reducer molding & tile floor

On Dec 11, 9:34 am, Mikepier wrote:
They make sanded caulk for just such situations. If the BORG doesn't
have it, try a real tile store. Liable to be a special order to get a
color match with your grout.

I've seen the sanded grout.
This is a new tile job and I have leftover grout. Could I just mix
some up and apply some against the tile so when I put the molding
against it it would fill the seams nice and tight?

Yep. Use some painter's tape to mask off the tile and the reducer
strip so you don't make a huge cleanup PIA for yourself.

Depending on the wood/grout interaction, it may stain the reducer's
front edge (won't bleed through the 'meat' of the reducer). Hit the
unfinished underside of the strip with shellac before bedding it in
the grout.