Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default filling gaps between reducer molding & tile floor

On Dec 11, 6:22 am, Mikepier wrote:
I have an oak reducer molding that goes against my kitchen tile floor
and on my oak floor in the dining room. When I tested the fit, there
were some small gaps between the tile and molding, anotherwords the
tiles are not lined up perfectly straight. Only like an 1/8" max in
some spots. what is the bets way to fill this gap? I thought caulk,
grout, or thinset. I'm not sure about caulk since it would get dirty.
Any ideas?

They make sanded caulk for just such situations. If the BORG doesn't
have it, try a real tile store. Liable to be a special order to get a
color match with your grout.