Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B[_3_] Stuart B[_3_] is offline

Default Antique CH timer

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:23:51 GMT, "Keith Dunbar"
wrote:

I have a very antique Randall 103 central heating timer, which decided not
to switch on this morning - so perhaps the time has come to improve on it.
Trouble is, I can find to way to remove it from the wall. I've managed to
unscrew the cover at the bottom where all the wires come in. Of course I
could just smash it - but as I may not be able to get a replacement yet I'd
rather not do that. Has anyone any knowledge of how these come apart?

TIA

Keith

I have a couple of the 102 Model which I believe is similar
..Underneath as you say is a screw to remove the black cover .After you
take it off just pull the rest upwards and the next step will be
obvious .