Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"SteveB" wrote in
:

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who had
a concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have lessened
the carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

Nebraska is a CCW state. CCW's are useless here in NE, because most
places (like malls) prohibit the carry of weapons on their premises.
They have the red circle-slash with a gun in it stickers on the door.
If someone would have ignored the law, and carried in, and shot the
*******, they would have gotten in trouble.

That's part of the training. Learning that you are not getting a
Rambo license, and that there are places where you may NOT take your
gun. One of them is ANY PRIVATE PROPERTY that posts signs to exclude
them. What I did was when a local WalMart put those out, I went face
to face with the manager and said that if that was their policy, that
I would no longer shop at any WalMart. I guess enough others did it,
too, and it wasn't long before the signs were gone.

actually,Wal-Mart CORPORATE was contacted and told about the stores that
violate their Corporate Policy allowing legal carry.They notified all their
stores to "clarify" that policy. B-)

Steve

the problem is that such places as malls are really NOT "private"
property,but are *open to the general public*. Thus,they should be treated
the same as any other public place.We already regulate "private" businesses
for food safety,public health,sanitation,fire hazards,workplace safety.

It's tragically clear that posting a place "No guns" does not prevent
criminals or terrorists from coming in with guns and committing murder.

It actually has the OPPOSITE effect,establishing a place clearly SAFE for
criminals to commit murder.
A Guarantee that no one will be equipped to fight back.
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik