Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Pete C. wrote:
SteveB wrote:

"Pete C." wrote

I seem to recall that the law in question only applied to when the
gun was not in the owners immediate possession, i.e. in your
holster. So assuming you have a carry permit, it would be in your
holster while your in your vehicle. If it was stolen from the glove
compartment of your locked vehicle, it would still fall under the
breaking and entering type exception. Having it further locked is
certainly a good idea of course.

IIRC, at my last (4th) CCF certification, the instructor said that
leaving a gun in a vehicle is a big no no that can cost you your
permit. Even if the perp breaks into the car.

Steve

Not from the laws I've looked at. Yours may differ. Certainly leaving
a gun unsecured and visible in a car would be an issue. Locked out of
sight in a vehicle, and preferably with at least a trigger lock is
perfectly reasonable, unless a law gives you universal carry right so
you don't have situations where you have to leave your gun in your
vehicle.

This is what I have bolted to the floor between the driver and passenger:
http://tinyurl.com/2vgox4

It also works well to hold my wallet when I don't want to carry it around.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com