SteveB

Default What's the deal with HF?

"ATP" wrote

Nothing wrong with buying a new machine ready to go, for a small band saw,
you did OK. There is some satisfaction, however, in acquiring and

improving
older quality tools, even if some time and ingenuity is involved. Most of

us
wouldn't look at it as a problem, more like an opportunity.

Oh, I have bought my share of basket case rehab projects. But when I need
to hit the ground running, I don't want to work on something just to find
out IF it is going to work.

Were I to find a band saw that I could possibly repair, I might consider it.
Might being the operative word. Right now, time is important to me, and I
just don't like fooling with things as much as I did when I was younger.
Now I like things to work right away so that I can move on with things. It
is not cost effective to diddle fart around with some endless dead end
project.

Steve