Posted to rec.sport.football.college, alt.home.repair, rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.gardens
shiite shiite is offline

Default Dealing with Illegals

Who is calling them monsters? The bigger picture is that H-2B makes
them
unnecessary. Making their employment opportunties illegal will make
their
deportation a moot issue. They go back home when the jobs dry up, and
taxpaying working class Americans get a raise.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"KLS" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 14:52:29 -0800, "Dave Bugg"
wrote:

And this has to do with what I wrote.... how? The point is, that
agriculture
has the ability to use the H-2B program to bring in as many temporary
migrant workers as they need during pruning, harvest, packing, etc. There
is
no need for illegals to be working in agriculture.

Dave is right, and the New York agriculture industry relies heavily on
these H-2B program workers. We even have a health clinic in our
region (Finger Lakes) that works with these people.

There are illegals, too. What's interesting is that the undersheriff in this
interview doesn't see illegals as the monsters we hear about from the news
sources aimed at droolers.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16981143