Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default How to compare electric vs natural gas heating costs

"Pete C." wrote in message
For a geothermal heat pump, trenched vertical coil installation is the
easiest and cheapest and is as efficient as other installation types in
most situations. Basically you cut a trench with a big ditch witch and
then stretch a coil of tubing like a flattened slinky, put it in the
trench and back fill with some suitable material. Fast and easy and
minimal impact to the area.

I'll definately look into the geo when I get estimates. Since our plan is
to live here about 5 years or so, upfront costs are an issue, but it's
certainly worth a look.

Thanks for the reply.

Dan