Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS

geoff wrote:
In message , Arnold Walker
writes
Hardly. A well-placed single shot would have done the job and not
exited the perp's miserable carcass.

Except, Einstein, he didn't stand there advertising the fact that he was
going to selectively shoot 8 people, did he

bang bang bang ...

in less time than Jim would have had to get his finger out of his arse

job done, game over

No, time for you to get your todger out, take up position, take aim and
fire (well, in your (wet) dreams, maybe)

So by your definition there was no point in the cops even showing up .
Since they would have had to take position ,aim, and fire as well.
All fine and dandy for the outlaw I guess.

ICBW, but I would have presumed that there would have been armed
policemen in the mall

Fat lot of use they were, eh ?

Precisely. The only way to prevent it would be to make sure the idiot
never could get his hand on such a weapon in the first place.

If someone wants to kill a load of people and then him/herself, there
is essentially not much you CAN do except limit access to the sort of
technology that makes it possible to take out quite so many people.