Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.gardens
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default Dealing with Illegals

Dan S. wrote:
shiite explained on 12/9/2007 :
Dear Captain Billy Non Sequitor,
1. Your assumptions about my attitude toward illegals, Mexican or
otherwise, are dead wrong. I have compassion for anyone from anywhere
doing what he can to survive.
My contempt is reserved for the politicians and employers who enable.

Not to dumb down the argument too much, but aren't employers doing what
they can to survive and don't you believe a number of them would fold
without their immigrant help? Why don't they deserve compassion rather
than contempt?

I get along just fine with legal labor. I also pay my taxes and for the
fuel I use.
I'd love to see some of these companies who deliberately hire illegals,
go under. Most of them don't hire illegals to stay afloat. They hire
them so they can live higher on the hog than they deserve.