Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.gardens
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Dealing with Illegals

In article u6X6j.241585$Fc.29335@attbi_s21, wrote:

I heard a speech by Ronald Reagan, or was it a supporter since I can't
seem to find the text anywhere, in the early 80's where he or they
commented that if the Mexican border were to be shut tight, that there
would be a revolution there in a matter of months. The border was left
porous as a safety valve to keep the corrupt Mexican government viable.
I simply wish I could find that text somewhere.

That was the early 80s when we were still worried (dare I say
paranoid) about Commies, etc. Also the influx was but a trickle
compared to today. I am pretty sure that the Mexican government agrees
with this assessment today, which is why they get sorely upset whenever
we have the audacity to suggest maybe our borders should be our BORDERS.