Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.gardens

Default Dealing with Illegals

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
news
Dan S. wrote:
shiite explained on 12/9/2007 :
Dear Captain Billy Non Sequitor,
1. Your assumptions about my attitude toward illegals, Mexican or
otherwise, are dead wrong. I have compassion for anyone from anywhere
doing what he can to survive.
My contempt is reserved for the politicians and employers who enable.

Not to dumb down the argument too much, but aren't employers doing
what they can to survive and don't you believe a number of them would
fold without their immigrant help? Why don't they deserve compassion
rather than contempt?

That argument might apply to anything that a business chooses to do
illegally.

Is there any way you can find yourself among a small group of 16-18 year old
kids, and ask them if they'd be interested in working in 90 degree heat,
harvesting broccoli, swinging a sharp knife around near their ankles? Try
it. I did. It was enlightening.

If you're going to respond with something about how machines could do the
work, please don't. Machines can't harvest all types of crops (yet). If a
machine exists for a certain crop, most farmers will already own it if it
works well. Much less trouble than human beings.