Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.gardens
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Dealing with Illegals

In article ,
Dan S. wrote:

shiite explained on 12/9/2007 :
Dear Captain Billy Non Sequitor,
1. Your assumptions about my attitude toward illegals, Mexican or
otherwise, are dead wrong. I have compassion for anyone from anywhere
doing what he can to survive.
My contempt is reserved for the politicians and employers who enable.

Not to dumb down the argument too much, but aren't employers doing what
they can to survive and don't you believe a number of them would fold
without their immigrant help? Why don't they deserve compassion rather
than contempt?

Nope. This is illegal. If they can't survive without breaking the
law, they should go under. They could probably save a lot more money by
not paying their share of the property tax, which would then hurt
schools and local governments. Is that acceptable?