Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.gardens
Dan S. Dan S. is offline

Default Dealing with Illegals

shiite explained on 12/9/2007 :
Dear Captain Billy Non Sequitor,
1. Your assumptions about my attitude toward illegals, Mexican or
otherwise, are dead wrong. I have compassion for anyone from anywhere
doing what he can to survive.
My contempt is reserved for the politicians and employers who enable.

Not to dumb down the argument too much, but aren't employers doing what
they can to survive and don't you believe a number of them would fold
without their immigrant help? Why don't they deserve compassion rather
than contempt?

2. Your assumptions about my attitude toward illegal-labor-subsidized
produce is also dead wrong. I will GLADLY pay more for produce in
order to return jobs to Americans.

Top Raman is not produce. That, and what will be the effects on the
economy? When we pay more for produce, Starbucks everywhere will close
and those lucrative jobs are then lost, causing irreprable harm to
Strip Malls everywhere.

3. That I worry about smart Mexicans is (guess what?) dead wrong.
Three dead-wrong assumptions out of three. I hope that your wish for
smart Mexican neighbors comes true. They'll have a stupid neighbor to
contend with.

Billy wrote:
In article VpE6j.5689$jq2.5092@pd7urf1no,
"Noozer" wrote:

"shiite" wrote in message
The "we need the illegals to do jobs Americans won't do " is a myth.
Instead, they drive down wages, making many jobs unattractive to
Americans. Employers who hire them should be given the means to
identify illegals, then prosecuted, fined, and ultimately jailed and
shut down. Spineless politicians and unprincipled employers are the
culprits.

Correct.

If illegal workers werent so eager to do the crap jobs for almost no pay,
REAL workers might actually get a fair wage for these jobs.

God, you are stupid. If AMERICAN "subsidized" corn wasn't flooding
Mexico, more of these immigrants would have jobs in their own country.
Feel free to criticize those who subsidize the low cost of produce in
your markets. You, no doubt, worry about the smart Mexicans who can do
more than manual labor. They know modern measurements, the metric
system, grams, meters, liters. Personally, I like the Mexicans that I
have met and would like them for neighbors.

Your bitch isn't with those who do what they have to do to support their
families, it is with those who won't pay a decent living wage to REAL
workers, what ever that is supposed to mean. Mexicans, like the rest of
us, take what they can get.

God, you're stupid.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

--

Yours,
Dan S.

Campaigning for Google rating stars, one smackdown at a time ... er,
uh, friendly encounter, rather.