Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Jeld Wen bifold door- cut down?

bill wrote:
Can I cut off 1 inch from top and bottom of door panels to make it fit
existing opening (i guess the builder must have done this when the
house was built) ? Is the top wood rail of the door wide enough to
give up 1 inch and still hold the pins? thks bill

The pins normally will be in the end of the vertical stile, not just
through the horizontal. If they don't fit, thought, what have you lost?

I have cut hollow doors down substantially and fitted new ends in them
though, so even if you have to do that it is possible.