Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fan is 'rocking' violently

wrote in message news:jxJ6j.224543$Xa3.17865@attbi_s22...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:58:46 -0800, Smitty Two
sayd the following:

In article ,
Crackles McFarly wrote:

Would THIS ONE work at all???

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...273-427-926&lp
age=none

Thanks fellas.

Yeah but you don't need it. You can do the same thing with lumber. The
idea is just to fasten that ceiling box to the joists in some
substantial way. I use a 2 x 4 spanning two joists from above, and
build
down from there with shorter pieces between the joists until I get to
something I can screw the box to. I'm sure I could hang a V-8 engine
block from my fans.

Ok, so the lowes product will work?

Yes, it will work. The thing you're talking about was probably discussed
in your fan's instruction manual, which you threw away.

Real men don't read the instructions. They just whine when an item doesn't
work like it should. Hence the tv show Home Improvement. Ooooo Ooooo Ooooo

That's what I've heard, but I took a different approach: Overkill. Eliminate
any possible reason for the wife to complain. Indirectly, this benefited me
because when I said I needed a new power tool, there were never any
questions. :-)