Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Steel sheet, where to buy

On Dec 9, 12:14 pm, beecrofter wrote:
On Dec 8, 4:39 pm, Ignoramus21145 ignoramus21...@NOSPAM.

21145.invalid wrote:
I need to buy some steel sheet, such as appx. 1/2 mm thick, 18x48" or
some such size. Are there any online suppliers who you would
recommend? I want regular steel, non galvanized, preferably suitable
for spot welding. This is for making motor shroud for my wire brushing
motor.

thanks

Peel the cover from a junk water heater, sometimes the insulation is
glued on but sometimes not.
Nice coat of enamel which you can remove where the welds will be.

I had the same sort of idea but with the cans from old washing
machines/driers/refrigerators. Nice flat sheet metal, for the most
part.
Nothing glued on, either.

Stan