Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Those bloated plastic tool cases

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 00:24:21 -0600, wrote:

I am doing some garage cleaning and I just tossed out all those huge
bloated tool cases that power tools come in.

-snip-
I'm just curious what others do with them?

If I was traveling with my tools I might keep more of them. But since
I don't, I have just 2 [of maybe a dozen or so] in my shop.

Ryobi made a nice case for the old ?7? volt cordless drill I own. You
can put the drill with a screw bit in the case- battery attached. And
it still has slots for a second battery, the charger, and some misc.
bits/drills.

The other one I use came with a Dremel tool in it. Part of it was
already set up to hold a bunch of Dremel bits- I used the Dremel tool
to open up the rest to hold 2 more little boxes of Dremel accessories-
one is all cut off discs- the other is rarely used bits. That
Dremel sits in the garage on the bench- I have another in the
basement. The box that has Dremel embossed in the side makes it
easy to remember where all my bits are. [part of it might just be
years- but I also have a weird disease that makes remembering the
simple-est things a crap shoot some days]

Jim