Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to compare electric vs natural gas heating costs

On Dec 8, 11:36 pm, "Dan" wrote:
wrote in message

No, I'm not kidding you, only trying to point out that the answers
you're getting may in some cases be wrong because people may have been
mislead by the title of your post.

That I was referring to an existing and possible replacement HEAT PUMP was
made abundantly clear in the beginning of the post. I'm afraid your
exacting editorial standards exceed the rigors of the medium. It's a
newsgroup, not a journal article.

It's not a case of exacting editorial standards. You apparently
think everyone replying to some part of this thread, must have entered
the thread at the very beginning and read your entire post. It's
very possible they saw the title "How to compare electric vs natural
gas heating costs and only read some of the later posts from people
trying to reply with advice, where I think it became unclear if the
discussion was now about heat pumps, as you intended, or if some
replies were about electric resistance heating. Again, I refer you
back to the point where there was a response that looked like they may
have been talking about resistance heating, not heat pumps. Pete C
pointed this response out too. All I did is point out how people
might have gone astray because of the wording of the title.
But apparently you're so sensitive you'd rather have incorrect answers
from a thread going astray rather than have someone point out the
possible reason for the confusion and get the thread back on track so
you can get valid answers.

If you want more answers regarding heat pumps vs natural gas, try
googling for it in this newsgroup. There have been many discussion
threads which you will find.

Lighten up, you'll live longer.

In any case, I'm not going to go back and forth about this all weekend, so
go ahead and have the last word.

..

Dan