Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default When I was a kid ............

SteveB wrote:
"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message

Jim Chandler wrote:

Brings back a lot memories. Same kind of things but mine was done
in the 40s . By the 50s I was into Ham radio and the MARS station
at the 763 AC&W sta.
...lew...

Where was the 763rd, Les? That number sounds familiar. I spent my three
and a half years ('61-65) at the Washington Air Defense Sector (WAADS) at
Fort Lee, Va. and it sounds like it was one of ours.

Jim Chandler

763 AC&W sqdn. Lockport NY (just east of Niagara Falls)
CPS6-B radar with search kit installed while I was there
1951 1953. S/Sgt when departing 3 Dec 1953.
Seems a lifetime ago. :-)
...lew...

Psssst. As one old fart to another, 54 years IS a lifetime to many people.
Sometimes, I tell these young farts, "I've got shoes older than you."

I had one call bull**** on me.

I took my boots off, and proved it.

Date of manufacture was inside, and I got them new.

I'm not as old as you old guys, though. :-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones