Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default AC power not at spec.

On 8 Dec 2007 19:12:01 -0600, Ron Lyle wrote:
I spent Saturday going through the breaker box, beautiful day to turn
off the heat and found a loose and badly burned buss bolt. I replaced
the bolt, cleaned the connection and replaced one breaker. The breaker
was working but were hot to the touch. We now have a good steady 120
VAC on both legs from the power company. Thanks to everyone for their
help.

If you gave the first electrician any money, you need to stop payment
on the check if possible, or take him to court.
The fault was really *really* basic stuff. A 15 second description at
small claims court in front of the judge will win the case for you
automatically. Just say the problem, what you found, and how any
competant electrician should have had the skills to locate the fault.