Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Tserkezis John Tserkezis is offline

Default Win XP goes off after 30 days

DaveM wrote:

If you can't get to Microsoft over the net, you'll have to call them on the
phone. The number to call should be in the activation instructions that came
with your system.

But that's the point. You shouldn't have to. His activation is dropping
out every month or so.
Phone activation?? No bloody wonder why many buy a product, and then hack
it for use. I did the same thing with a friends' installation of MS Office.
I was part way through the phone activation, before I miss-dialled the second
time. You've GOT to be f*cking joking.
I delayed the install a few days while I found a hack. Screw that for a
joke, I've got better things to do.

BTW, if you don't have access to the net, how did you post this

Perhaps only occasional access to the net? Therefore not practical to move
the machine to wherever you have 'net access just to take care of that.
Harder if you don't have a network card, or no other way to net enable the
thing. Yadda yadda, you get the idea.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org