Lennie the Lurker

Default What's the deal with HF?

Neil wrote in message . ..
One thing to really watch out for with the HF unit: overheating! At
the school where I teach we have one of these saws, and we were using
it to cut off some aluminum from a block approx 2" x 2" square solid
bar.

When cutting aluminum, keep the blade wet with spirits or even WD-40.
They plug up and sieze rather easily, it doesn't take much to prevent
it, and gives a much better looking cut. I just brush a little
spirits on the blade while it's cutting. The anti spatter spray works
well too, but more expensive than I can justify.