Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to compare electric vs natural gas heating costs

On Dec 8, 3:35 pm, "Dan" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 8, 2:15 pm, "Dan" wrote:
wrote in message

The title of you post was "How to compare electric heat vs natural gas
heat". That's confusing, because what you're talking about is a heat
pump, not resistance electric heat...

You've got to be kidding me...

No, I'm not kidding you, only trying to point out that the answers
you're getting may in some cases be wrong because people may have been
mislead by the title of your post. If you want to get responses
that are answering a question that was different than what you
intended, that's up to you. For example, are you sure Phisherman
understood you meant a heat pump when you titled your post "How to
compare electric heat vs nautral gas heat?" I'd put odds on that he
was thinking electric resistance heating because that's what the term
"electric heat" usually means and I think that's what his answer was
based on. Pete C picked up on that too, when he questioned whether
Phisherman really meant electric resistance heat or a heat pump
system. I was only trying to point out that the thread may have
gone a bit astray because of confusion and that maybe his response was
not what he really meant.

Here for reference is the definition of an electric heater:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_heater

An electric heater is an electrical appliance that converts electrical
energy into heat. The heating element inside every electric heater is
simply an electrical resistor, and works on the principle of Joule
heating: an electric current flowing through a resistor converts
electrical energy into heat energy.

Sorry that my attempt to straighten out some possible confusion, which
is pretty much what Pete C did too, got you so bothered that you've
followed Bubba, the village idiot, and turned it into a personal
attack.