Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default Steel sheet, where to buy

Surely there must be a metal yard or two near by you. Look in the phone
book. Some, like Pacific Industrial Supply in Seattle, can custom
shear, and also have pre-sheared odd pieces around. Home Despot has a
small selection of smaller size steel panels up to 24X48" or so in
various gauges. Be prepared to pay the sucker price for these.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus21145 wrote:

I need to buy some steel sheet, such as appx. 1/2 mm thick, 18x48" or
some such size. Are there any online suppliers who you would
recommend? I want regular steel, non galvanized, preferably suitable
for spot welding. This is for making motor shroud for my wire brushing
motor.

thanks

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"