dalecue

Default What's the deal with HF?

SteveB wrote in message ...

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:52:46 -0700, the renowned "SteveB"
wrote:

I just went to HF to get the $175 bandsaw. They say they don't carry

it.
was amazed. I thought every HF store carries this. Does the HF in your
area stock them, and how much. I have e mailed HF to see how much this
puppy will cost landed in my yard, and Northern Tools, too.

I need one of these, but don't feel like spending the $700 for the

larger
more available ones.

PS: got a couple of Ridgid blades at Home Depot for $10 each. Now if I
just had a saw ...................

Steve

Metalworking is kind of a niche market I guess. They should ship it to
you for free in the continental US if you have a few weeks (but it's a
$169 bandsaw, if that's okay with you). You can order it from their
website: Item: 37151-7VGA

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--

Got all that. I'm just amazed that I can't find one locally.

if you ask, they will explain that their retail stores, website, and catalog
sales are three distinct and diferent business operations -
don't ask why

HTH
Dale

Steve