Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Update: Goblets from hell - arts goblets-done.jpg (0/1)

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:16:32 GMT, Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

mac davis wrote in
:

Just a quick picture of the 2 goblets that my client picked to mail to
his sister's winery..

These are what, 3 or 4 inches in diameter? Where do you find stock large
enough to turn these? I can find "planks" up to 1x4 but no square stuff
that big.

http://www.anexotichardwood.com/pricelist.html

Bottom right under "turning stock"..
They even have 5 x 5's, but this job used 4x4's at $40 each..

I was lucky enough to find someone going to Carlsbad, CA for a weekend, so I
ordered and paid for them and they picked them up and brought them back across
the border.. We avoided shipping charges and import duty for the client that
way..

The goblets are about 9' tall and the bases and bowls are a little over 3 1/2"
diameter..
Sanded to 1,500 and run through the Beall buffing system..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing