Posted to alt.home.repair
Roof Time Cincinnati Roof Time Cincinnati is offline

Default repairing wet roof?

On Dec 7, 5:15 pm, wrote:
On Dec 7, 2:03 pm, Roof Time Cincinnati wrote:

..a good tip would be to
manually hand seal each tab to the existing roof..rather than waiting
for thermal sealing to kick in! Good Luck!

Yeah, I think that's what the problem was with my roof --- it doesn't
get hot enough here to seal well, rarely over 65 even in July. And
apparently the "pros" here don't know to do it, because when I asked
the hardware store guy for roofing cement to seal the tabs, he said
nobody uses it for that, it's just for flashings.

Not sure where 'here" is...but KARNAK makes an excellant
cement...another choice would be "Geocel 2300", a little more costly
per tube but really superior cold weather performer!

it is a clear product, not black tar style/...really good
stuff...about 6 bucks a tube........to hand seal every tab, figure on
1 tube per 10x10 area, (called a roofer square)

Your local roofers know about hand sealing..but it is SUCH a pain to
do...they are most likely avoiding the issue...to hand seal an entire
roof is a BIG task...lots of stooping and bending.....very labor
intensive.....