Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Mari@net.ac is offline

Default How to find where cold air is coming in basement?

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 03:57:24 -0800 (PST), marson
wrote:

On Dec 7, 12:41 am, wrote:

have spent some time caulking cold drafty basement.....still cold and drafty
though....how do I track down where cold air is coming in?

The low tech way is to wait for a very cold day and feel around with your hands. The high tech way is to rent or hire a thermal imaging camera. My basement was drafty too because it was uninsulated concrete block.

It might be worth using a lit incense stick to see where the drafts are.
Although I hate the smell of incense myself. Maybe a candle would work.