SteveB

Default GOOD GRIEF, CHARLIE BROWN! was What's the deal with HF?

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
While you're waiting for 5AM, have a look at the FAQ for those little
saws: http://www.tinyisland.com/4x6bsFAQ.html

Grant

SteveB wrote:

bandsaw story snipped

Thanks, Grant. Some of the things mentioned are really obvious. For
starters, I opened the box and took the first two pieces out ........... the
"legs". Right then, I said, "Self, the first thing to do is make a decent
cart/table for this thing. These legs aren't going to last a week, even on
the best of floors." (I am currently working on a dirt floor area.) Now I
gotta go to Homer's and get a couple of decent wheels.

The other info and FAQs will help me once I have it fired up and
operational. But I can see that this topheavy moose antlered machine is
going to need better footing before I even plug it in.

Just what I needed. More projects.................... But I don't mind
making better tools and equipment that make life easier. I am anticipating
cutting several square tubes at a time quietly now instead of the growling
snarling one at a time chop saw thingy. Chuck it up, turn it on, let it go,
go do something else, come back when they are done. Gotta be better than
the chopper. I used a cold saw a few times, and that is better, but I think
I am really going to like this setup.

Once I get it set up, that is.

Again, thanks for the info.

Steve