robobass

Default What's the deal with HF?

Are you sure you want this piece of crap? Why not look for a used real
one? (i.e. an old one with some cast iron in it). I once got a 14"
Grizzly used with a bunch of other stuff and it was a total thorn in
my side. Eventually I tore it down and totally rebuilt it with a lot
of redesign. It worked well after that, but I could have better spent
the time and energy. At the same time I was having this headache my
friend picked up a Rockwell for $150.

Robobass

"SteveB" wrote in message news:xJkzc.69857$My6.66021@fed1read05...
I just went to HF to get the $175 bandsaw. They say they don't carry it. I
was amazed. I thought every HF store carries this. Does the HF in your
area stock them, and how much. I have e mailed HF to see how much this
puppy will cost landed in my yard, and Northern Tools, too.

I need one of these, but don't feel like spending the $700 for the larger
more available ones.