Posted to misc.consumers.house
krw krw is offline

Default garage floor stain or paint

In article ,
group says...
krw wrote on 05 Dec 2007 in group
misc.consumers.house:

Not that expensive. I just quoted a guy $750 to put down epoxy paint
on a 3-car garage floor. That's for power washing, cleaning, paint,
flaky things, and clear sealer. He must have thought it was too
high, because he didn't call back, but I would have had to go there
three times, and paint alone was $350.

Good point, but the cost for the tile was hardware only; no labor.
Still an interesting product. Not sure how easy they are to keep
clean though.

BTW, I don't think your labor charge is at all high. Is your job
guaranteed against peeling/flaking/whatever?

I never considered that, to tell the truth. I've never put down the epoxy
paint before, so I suppose I would tell him my labor is guaranteed, but
he'll have to rely on the paint warranty for materials. I was going to buy
the Sherwin Williams variety, and they're pretty good about warranty
stuff.

SW might warrant the paint (unless *they* decide it's an unsuitable
surface/prep) but they aren't going to stand behind your labor. IMO,
you have to build in some latitude for error into your labor
costs[*], particularly with something like this. I'm sure it's a
miserable job cleaning that stuff off to re-paint if there is a
problem, too.
[*] Fortunately, I don't. If I make a mistake they pay me more to
fix it. ;-)

Thanks for making me think.

Me too. The garage tile sounds better every time I think about it.
;-)

--
Keith