Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Message no longer available

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2007-12-06, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2007-12-06, Ed Huntress wrote:

[ ... ]

So, if it was something worthwhile, sorry.

Not likely. Your news server has probably killed off the sporge,
or the source machine upstream has sent out cancels for it all, and
your
news server is actually *honoring* the cancels :-)

Don't worry about the "no longer available" -- it is junk.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Ah, that's a relief. Thanks, Don.

The thing that throws me is that the posts in question were from legit
members and they were on current threads. But when I go to Google to see
if they show up on Google Groups, they're not there. Of course, Google
tends to lag, so I'll check again.

--
Ed Huntress

Whoop, they're showing up now. Those messages are indeed legit messages
that
my server says are "no longer available." But they're showing up on
Google
Groups.

Hmm ... then your news server's admin was overly zealous in
killing off the sporge. He flushed the entire newsgroup, and then hoped
that the real ones would propagate back in over time (and they probably
will, as long as he also blew away the "history" record of

Enjoy,
DoN.

Interesting. I usually ignore this stuff, having enough to learn as it is,
but maybe I'll give them a call and see what they say. What you're saying
sounds reasonable.

--
Ed Huntress