Daniel A. Mitchell

Default What's the deal with HF?

SteveB wrote:

I just went to HF to get the $175 bandsaw. They say they don't carry it. I
was amazed. I thought every HF store carries this. Does the HF in your
area stock them, and how much. I have e mailed HF to see how much this
puppy will cost landed in my yard, and Northern Tools, too.

I need one of these, but don't feel like spending the $700 for the larger
more available ones.

PS: got a couple of Ridgid blades at Home Depot for $10 each. Now if I
just had a saw ...................

Steve

The harbor freight retail stores are some kind of separate operation
from the mail order one. The stores do not necessarily carry the same
merchandise (though often do), and cannot order items from the catalog.
Store personnel say they have little or no connection to the mail order
operation, though the common merchandise and trademarks belies this.
They have separate mailings and advertising flyers. Pricing is all over
the place, with the mail order being cheaper on some items, and the
store on others. Each organization sets their own price, and sale items.

Dan Mitchell