Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy H Andy H is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

NoOne N Particular wrote:

I purchased the 734. I dont think it has the fancy blower, but I dont
know. Sounds cool though!

Andy

I bought the Dewalt 733 a few years ago. I think the only difference
between it and the 734 is that the 734 uses three blades and mine only
has two. But having said that, I have tried using my shop vac with my
733 and it is a complete waste of time on boards wider than about shop
vac hose width (2 1/4"). The shroud that comes with the machine has the
4" fitting and I had to get a reducer to the shop vac. That reducer
clogs in about 3 seconds (or less) and then the chips all go . . .where
ever the hell they want. Now I have the additional task of cleaning out
the the reducer too.

Wayne

So your saying dont bother with the shop vac? Just sweep up afterwards.
Ill be squirreling away pennies for my DC.

Thanks

Andy

--
:: Clever Sig here ::