Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-12-06 10:48:00 +0000, Stuart Noble

On 2007-12-06 09:02:09 +0000, Stuart Noble

On 2007-12-05 23:40:06 +0000, (Steve Firth) said:

Andy Dingley wrote:

It's part of a thing called "society"

There is no such thing as society.

That's my line :-)

You've got to pick up allies where you can

Not really. Remember that I'm an individualist. I don't need allies.

No, but *he* might.

Ah but that's for him.

No such thing as society, we love Macs. All you disagree on is who
has flown more air miles and whether Ryanair counts as flying.

It certainly counts as flying. Whether I would want to go on it is
another thing entirely.

You really learn all you need to know about politics in the primary
school playground. Or more precisely, you learn what to do to stop
yourself being picked on at playtime.

Interesting thought, although I rather think that it happens before that
to a degree with siblings. As regards to the school playground, I
don't think that I ever acquiesced to people or things that I didn't
like in order not to be picked upon and neither did I stand on the edge
observing. If something was wrong and it was necessary to say that it
was wrong, I didn't hesitate about that. In that respect, not much has
changed. I still don't stand on the edge of the playground, but I
don't fall in with the popular view for the sake of convenience either,
if it's wrong.

At my school you either had to play football or have a copy of Health &
Efficiency for hire. Don't ask!