Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Message no longer available

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2007-12-06, Ed Huntress wrote:
If I'm not responding to something addressed to me, it's because I'm
getting
"Message no longer available on the server" messages for about half of
RCM.
The same thing happened after our last sporge attack and it took days to
straighten out.

So, if it was something worthwhile, sorry.

Not likely. Your news server has probably killed off the sporge,
or the source machine upstream has sent out cancels for it all, and your
news server is actually *honoring* the cancels :-)

Don't worry about the "no longer avaialble" -- it is junk.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Ah, that's a relief. Thanks, Don.

The thing that throws me is that the posts in question were from legit
members and they were on current threads. But when I go to Google to see
if they show up on Google Groups, they're not there. Of course, Google
tends to lag, so I'll check again.

--
Ed Huntress

Whoop, they're showing up now. Those messages are indeed legit messages that
my server says are "no longer available." But they're showing up on Google
Groups.

--
Ed Huntress