Posted to rec.woodworking
DLB DLB is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

On Dec 5, 10:39 am, Andy H wrote:
Phisherman wrote:

I'm sure the boards dried 48+ years ago. Walnut dust is known to be a
hazard--buy a dust mask that has a good seal and a DC will be a wise
health investment.

Well, I elected to forego the Dust Collector for the moment. I know Ill
have a huge mess with the planer. I do the best I can with a shop vac.
I have a couple paper masks, Ill probably get a respirator when I start
doing the planing.

Ive always heard to on plane one side of a board and wait a couple days
for it to acclimate before doing the other side.

Do I have to worry about this with wood this old?

thanks!
Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

Andy,

The Dewalt 735 has a blower in the chip chute and it will fire them a
long distance. You may want to get at least a 4" hose and direct into
a trash can. The blower is so strong that it inflates my dust
collector bags to the point of looking like it is on.

Dave