Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Default New Home Owner Suggestion

On Dec 4, 3:41 am, hands on wrote:
My house of 2 1/2 years old has been determined by soil tests not to
meet the 1500 pounds per square foot load bearing capacity minimum it
was designed for. 4 of 5 test sites next to my foundation failed by an
engineering company test.
So I have a dilemma-sue the builder, maybe get some money out of it
and still have a defective house or sell it like it is.

How do you know? Did someone dig down to the footing and test the soil
or
did you test the backfill next to the foundation? Are you using
information
from the lots next to you and not your own?
Lou